Department of Chemical Engineering
The department of chemical engineering offers four years bachelor’s Programme in chemical Engineering. The courses offer insight into the chemical process with good management practices. We are committed to producing individuals who have great potential and are really promising. To ignite academic interest of the students and to keep them on the cutting edge of recent technology, the department conducts industrial visits, seminar, Webinar, expert talks and advance training programmers on various thrust areas.
Mr. Hitesh Parihar
I/C HOD & Assistant Professor
Ms. Shahin Ravla
Mr. Pratik Patel
Mr. Devarshi Tadvi
Ms. Heena Katariya
Mr. Mitul Prajapati
Mr. Snehal Patel
Mrs. Nirali Patel
Experimental approximations carried out by engineering students to help them prepare for real-world applications.
Chemical Engineering Department of S. S. Agrawal Institute of Engineering and Technology had organised Seminar on Topic “CHEMCAD SOFTWARE” on dated 27/09/2019 for Third and Fourth Year Chemical Engineering Students. The Seminar was presented by Prof. Kevin Vadnagra (Asst.Professor, RNGPIT Bardoli).
Chemical Engineering Department of S. S. Agrawal Institute of Engineering and Technology had organised an Expert Lecture on Topic “Applied Chemistry (Organic Reaction)” on dated 27/09/2019 for Second Year Chemical Engineering Students. The Seminar was presented by Prof. Priti Naik. The objective of the programme is to give idea about organic reaction and their mechanism.
- Prof. Mitul Prajapati awarded with gold medal in M.E Chemical Engineering (CAPD) at Gujarat Technological University Convocation, Jan 2021.
- Prof. Mitul Prajapati had Published an Article on “Geothermal-Solar Integrated Groundwater Desalination System: Current Status and Future Perspective” in Journal of Groundwater for Sustainable Development (Elsevier),Jan 2020
- Prof. Heena Kataria of Chemical engineering Department delivered web seminar on understanding the safety aspects of material to the students of RMS Polytechnic on 29th May 2020.
- Prof. Heena Katariya had published the paper on “Preparation and characterization of microporous membrane by phase Inversion technique for advanced waste water treatment” in green chemistry and technology for sustainable developement on Jan’19.
- Our Following students Participate in the poster presentation Competition organized by IIChE students Chapter GEC Bharuch. The Theme of the event was “Green Technology and Sustainable Development.
2 A Paper Published in “5th International Geothermal Conference: Geothermal as a green Energy” by Our student Kartik Bhatt (Enrollment No.- 171230105002),Organized by PDPU Gandhinagar, Date-21/1/2021
3 Our Following students attended the online conference on Indo Canadian Research Conclave on Sustainable Approaches to Carbon Capture Sequestration and Utilization (ICRC-CCSU) under the flagship of Golden Jubilee Conference and Lecture Series Grant (GJCLSG) from Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI) organized by PDPU, Gandhinagar.
4 Final Year Students of Chemical Engineering Department made the handmade sanitizer from alcohol and other material. Our campus was sanitized by use of this sanitizer. Our sanitizer information was also broadcast on News channel like Tv9 and Gujarati news channel on 21 march 2020.
Industrial visit on
VAPI GREEN ENVIRO LIMITED
Chemical Engineering Department of S.S. Agrawal institute of engineering & technology Organised Industrial Visit to ‘Vapi Green Enviro Limited’ Vapi on 11th February 2020 , Where Students learned about the ‘Commone effluent treatment plant ( CETP) and disposal facility for hazardous solid waste.