Student Startup and Innovation

Student Startup and Innovation

Over the last couple of years, inspired by Hon’ble Prime Minister’s call for ’Startup India’, the education department of Government of Gujarat has undertaken several initiatives to support young entrepreneurs, innovators and startups through the educational machinery of the state via universities and educational institutes. The Student Startup & Innovation Policy (SSIP) is a first-of-its-kind policy in the country that shall create a much-needed Innovation and Preincubation Ecosystem Support for Students (IPIES) across the state, adding to the startup ecosystem of Gujarat and creating a strong innovation-driven culture in the state’s higher education spectrum. The policy shall benefit 1.4 million students of the state, support 1000 innovations per year, build preincubation support capacity for every university and at least 200 educational institutes over a period of five year, and harness at least 500 student startups in the next five years. For taking the maximum benefit of this policy, we, at the institute continuously strive to encourage students to think innovatively and contribute our society by their innovative projects. We not only guide them for innovative projects but also make sure that they get all kind of support for implementation of their project by providing laboratory and other platforms for the experiments as well as guidence for taking financial support for startup from government’s Student Startup and Innovation Policy.